A successful lake or pond restoration and management plan should include a combination of biological, mechanical and source control solutions. Floating Wetland Islands (FWIs) are a great example of an effective biological control solution. Highly adaptable, FWIs can be sized, configured and planted to fit the needs of nearly any lake, pond or reservoir.
Floating Wetland Islands provide multiple ecological benefits:
- Assimilate & remove excess nutrients that fuel algae growth
- Provide habitat for fish and other aquatic organisms
- Mitigate wave and wind erosion impacts
- Enhance aesthetics
To get more info about Floating Wetland Islands:
- Read an article on Floating Wetland Islands as part of a holistic lake/pond management strategy written by our Director of Aquatic Programs Dr.
- Check out this case study from Floating Island International showcasing our work with
Mermaid Pool in Somerset County, NJ.
Contact us to learn more about effective, non-pesticide approaches to lake and pond management.
Design & Hosting by
IQnection Internet Services