Join us on Wednesday, June 5 for a One-Day Environmental Training Course
Rutgers Office of Continuing Professional Education is offering a one-day class that explores the utilization of mitigation and sustainable design techniques to reduce stormwater impacts and increase storm resiliency.
The course, designed for ecologists, engineers, planners, and landscape architects involved in the recovery of impacted river, lake, riparian, wetland, and coastal environments, draws heavily upon real-world examples of restoration ecology in practice. This interactive course focuses specifically on the multi-disciplined recovery of degraded, damaged, or impaired ecosystems.
Dr. Stephen Souza, a founding principal of Princeton Hydro and owner of Clean Waters Consulting, LLC, is the main instructor and course coordinator. The course curriculum includes lessons from Dr. Souza and a number of experts from the Princeton Hydro team, including:
- “River Restoration – Large Scale Dam Removal” lead by President Geoffrey Goll, P.E.
- “Restoration of Tidal Ecosystems – The Creation of the Bayonne Golf Club” lead by Vice President Mark Gallagher
- “Green Infrastructure and Coastal Resiliency” lead by Senior Project Manager & Environmental Scientist Christiana Pollack, GISP, CFM
- “Does Green Infrastructure Mitigate Flooding?” lead by Dr. Souza
Course instruction will also be provided by John Miller, P.E., CFM, CSM, FEMA Mitigation Liaison; Nathaniel Burns, Langan Engineering Project Landscape Architect; and Capt. Al Modjeski, American Littoral Society Habitat Restoration Program Director.
In addition to 0.7 Rutgers CEUs, the course also awards participants with professional credits, including:
- Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System (LA CES): 7.25 hours
- NY Landscape Architects: 10.5 hours CL; 10 hours EA
- NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7.5
- NJ Licensed Water & Wastewater Operators: 7 TCHs
- NJ Certified Public Works Managers (CPWM): 5 Technical, 2 Government
- NJ Licensed Professional Engineers: 6 Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) credits
- NY Professional Engineers: 7 hours
- NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP): 6.5 Technical CEC’s
The course will be held on Wednesday, June 5 2019 from 8:30AM to 5:00PM at the Rutgers Continuing Education Center at the Atrium in Somerset, NJ. Register on or before May 22 to take advantage of a discounted early registration fee. Pre-registration is required. Continental breakfast and buffet lunch are provided at no additional cost.
Princeton Hydro is proud to partner with Rutgers Office of Continuing Professional Education and take part in this valuable continuing professional education course. We hope to see you there!