REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN FOR MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY’S GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE STORMWATER MANAGEMENT ONE-DAY CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE BEING HELD ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2019 FROM 8 AM – 4 PM
Are you a consultant, planner, municipal representative, community leader, or project manager seeking to learn more about Green Stormwater Infrastructure & Management Techniques? This one-day course is for YOU!
Green infrastructure techniques have increasingly become the “go to” strategy to address flooding, water quality, and environmental impacts caused by stormwater runoff. Whether it be rain gardens or regional bioretention basins, infiltration basins or other large-scale bio engineered BMPs, green infrastructure is being implemented everywhere from suburban subdivisions to urban redevelopment sites. Unfortunately, while growing popular, these techniques are often misapplied, improperly constructed, or inadequately maintained.
This innovative one-day class focuses on the proper design and implementation of green infrastructure BMPs, as well as their special maintenance requirements. The course curriculum includes interactive presentations, case studies and project examples.
This year’s course will cover the following topics and more:
- The Application and Advantages of Green Infrastructure Stormwater Management Techniques
- Design and Construction of Infiltration Basins
- Data Collection Needs: Soil, Geotechnical, and Groundwater Hydrology Data
Design and Construction of Gravel Wetland Systems
- Rain Garden Design and Application
- Green Infrastructure Stormwater Options and Alternative Capping Techniques for Remediation Sites
Dr. Stephen Souza, Princeton Hydro Co-Founder and President of Clean Waters Consulting, LLC, is the faculty coordinator for the course, which also features a lecture by Princeton Hydro’s Green Infrastructure Practice Area Leader Dr. Clay Emerson, PE, CFM.
Course participants will also receive professional credits, including:
- New Jersey LSRP CECs: 7 Technical CECs (NJ SRPLB Course # 2015-065);
- New Jersey Professional Engineers: 7 CPCs;
- New Jersey Board of Architects: 7 hours of CECs;
- Certified Floodplain Managers: 6.5 CECs; and
- NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7 CEs.
Princeton Hydro is proud to partner with Montclair State University and take part in this valuable continuing professional education course. We hope to see you there!